What's new

Did apple leave the 3rd antenna out on purpose?

tfalsetta

Reaction score
Now that is has been determined that Verizon and sprint will not be able to support simultanous voice and data on the iPhone 5 (even in LTE) because apple did NOT add the 3rd antenna (like Samsung and others did to work on CDMA).
The reason apple said they did this was for manufacturing reasons.

Do you feel apple did this for manufacturing reasons? Or to spite Verizon for bad mouthing the iPhone for so long (if you ever called or stopped into a Verizon store they always steer you away from the iPhone)?

tfalsetta said:
Now that is has been determined that Verizon and sprint will not be able to support simultanous voice and data on the iPhone 5 (even in LTE) because apple did NOT add the 3rd antenna (like Samsung and others did to work on CDMA).
The reason apple said they did this was for manufacturing reasons.

Do you feel apple did this for manufacturing reasons? Or to spite Verizon for bad mouthing the iPhone for so long (if you ever called or stopped into a Verizon store they always steer you away from the iPhone)?

Actually, every store I've been in with both AT&T and Verizon I've been steered toward an Android phone. One of my friends use to work for AT&T and he said that he was told to push Android over IOS because the store receive more money for selling Android over IOS. I don't know how true that is but it would explain why I've always been directed away from IOS even though that's the reason I came into the store and I clearly stated my intention.

I saw somewhere that Apple has two chips already in the IPhone 5 to help with reception and soon LTE will include voice over LTE and when that happens, the third chip that apple would have had to add to allow voice and data simultaneously using CDMA would have been useless at that point.

I live in Australia and if I received that sort of treatment I would walk out. Customers come first and just because margins are better for Samsung should not influence the situation. I guess you don't have a lot of choice with carriers in usa

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Comes down to the saying, "Buyer beware." If you have done your homework and have a working knowledge of what you want and why you want it, clever sales people are no match for you. If you have not done your homework, then you are throwing your self to the wolfes. That being said, there are as many sales people out there that know their job is to satisfy the needs and wants of their customer and do a good job at that as there are sales people that just see each customer as a wallet and are doing their best to empty as much out of that wallet as possible.

Point is still the same, "Buyer beware" and do your homework.