What's new

DFU Mode iPhone SE

Mat

Reaction score
Hi,
My phone dropped a couple of weeks ago. It started cycling between the apple logo and off screen. When I connect to iTunes, it is detected but recommended for restore. I download the OS and iTunes gets stuck on "waiting for iPhone" till it gives error 4005... Is it the end of the phone or there is still hope? I since bought another phone but keep hoping someone can work on it. Any leads on what could be the problem?

When I connect it to wall power outlet, it immediately shows the connect to iTunes. But when i do, iTunes does not bring it up unless I hold the power and home buttons to enter DFU mode, then it gets recognised by iTunes.

I know it is no longer supported by Apple for repairs, and I live elsewhere anyway, far away from Apple service centers.

Those who can help, you are welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Use a different cable/ a different port when you connect your iPhone to your computer. Also make sure the computer and iTunes are up to date.
If that doesn‘t work try using a different computer.

It looks like your iPhone is in recovery mode. So in case everything else suggested before doesn‘t help, try the following:
or

Hope that helps.