What's new

devastated noob with locked iphone

tecken

Reaction score
Hey, not sure whether I should place this topic in the new members section, if so, sorry bout that.

anyhow, i bought an iPhone 4s the other day which was supposedly unlocked. but it turned out it wasn't. so im stuck with a phone that can't tell me which provider to contact. I have no idea what to do. and the guy i bought it from has disappeared.

Is jailbreak my only option?

tecken said:
Hey, not sure whether I should place this topic in the new members section, if so, sorry bout that.

anyhow, i bought an iPhone 4s the other day which was supposedly unlocked. but it turned out it wasn't. so im stuck with a phone that can't tell me which provider to contact. I have no idea what to do. and the guy i bought it from has disappeared.

Is jailbreak my only option?

bring it back to the seller jailbreaking i think wont do much for you

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

okay, well what about unlocking it. i haven't really grasped the difference, also what do they mean with tethered and untethered unlock?

but i will try and get a hold of him.

tecken said:
okay, well what about unlocking it. i haven't really grasped the difference, also what do they mean with tethered and untethered unlock?

but i will try and get a hold of him.

what sim is in it what network have you original sim in it

sorry for the late reply. i managed to get a hold of the seller, and i found the service provider. hopefully i can unlock it tomorrow. thank you for all the help.

tecken said:
sorry for the late reply. i managed to get a hold of the seller, and i found the service provider. hopefully i can unlock it tomorrow. thank you for all the help.

when its unlocked make sure you try another sim from the same network to make sure thats its definitely unlocked

okay, so the best thing would be to bring the phone with me when i unlock it? (ill do it in one of their stores) since i dont have a sim from that provider

tecken said:
okay, so the best thing would be to bring the phone with me when i unlock it? (ill do it in one of their stores) since i dont have a sim from that provider

that should be ok