What's new

Dev Team's Progress w/ iOS 6.0 & iOS 6.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Update

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
$absinthejailbreak.jpg
Earlier today David, aka planetbeing, of the Jailbreak Dev Team Tweeted that they have made progress on an Untethered Jailbreak for pre-A5 iDevices. As well as figuring out a "failbreak" method of Jailbreaking the iPhone 5, iPad 4 and iPad Mini. This "failbreak" method does, however, require a developer account and is not available to the public.

David also went on to say, via Twitter, "It’s unlikely we’ll see a tethered JB for later devices. They’ll likely be untethered or nothing unless we find a bootrom bug." With that, it looks like the chances of us seeing a Tethered JB for our iPhone 5, iPad 4 or iPad mini just slipped through our fingers.

Source: Untethered iOS 6.0.1/iOS 6 Jailbreak Update: Hackers Continue To Make Progress

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anxious to see the results knowing that the dev-team is working even harder now that it's confirmed that you need a developer account.

OP
Thomasjtsi

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Anxious to see the results knowing that the dev-team is working even harder now that it's confirmed that you need a developer account.
I'm right there w/ ya... can't wait to get this iPhone 5 JB! You're holding out on the iP5 aren't you?

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Waiting on the 5S maybe. The 5 isn't that captivating.

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or.... I can buy a 5, put it on the company tab and say that my 4S is lost..... You didn't hear that from me.

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But to be honest, the iPhone 5 is really nice. It's just a little awkward to hold since I'm so used to the size of the 4S with the Mophie Juice Pack battery case. The 4S + the battery case has about the same width and length, but the thickness is about half on the 5 compared to my 4S currently, and almost a third of the weight LOL. Feels no naked. The resolution and the fact that the screen is a little larger is pretty nice. Buuuuuuut there's still the problem of demands not being met, especially the 64 GB ones.

Most reactions