What's new

deleting non existing icloud account

swonder

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have searched all over the net to find an answer for this but unfortunately there is no clear answer so i wa wondering who would be able to help me.

I have an iphone 5 which was on ios 6.1.2. I decided to recenly update it to ios 9.2. I have now been automatically logged in to my icloud account which does not exist due to my e-mail address being hacked a year ago. I wish to delete this account from the phone but I have found out that I am not able to. Since the account does not exist, my password doesn't work therefore I cannot delete it. On another thread someone suggested i log into my current account on appleid.apple.com and change my primary e-mail address so i could then delete the account. This cannot happen as in order to change the primary e-mail address, apple sends a verification code to the new e-mail address you input. Since the e-mail address no longer exists i cannot retrieve the verification code. Any other suggestions?

May i please add that Im not sure that going to apple would be an option as I no loger have proof that the phone is mine since i bought the phone unlocked and not on a specific package approximately 3 years ago. Plus i live in greece and there is not an apple store here. Thanks in advance!

If you bought the phone from Apple they will be able to verify that.

You don't have to verify your email address. Give it a try, it might work.

i bought it 2 years ago from apple and unfortunately i dont have the receipt anymore. Please see the attached screenshot which shows you what happens when i try to change the e-mail address. It asks for the verification code that is sent to my old e-mail address

Untitled1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 645
Leave your Apple ID as it is now (I suppose the old address is visible there). Go to your iPhone, and try signing out of your iCloud ID now, and use the password which you use for your Apple ID.

Leave your Apple ID as it is now (I suppose the old address is visible there). Go to your iPhone, and try signing out of your iCloud ID now, and use the password which you use for your Apple ID.
Thanks J.A but unfortunately that didnt work. Wouldn't I be able to downgrade and jailbreak my phone and use some sort of software to wipe it?

Unfortunately, I am in Greece now and there is no apple store to go to

i called a couple of places in athens. Unfortunately they all said that I need a receipt for them to be able to do this.

i called a couple of places in athens. Unfortunately they all said that I need a receipt for them to be able to do this.
You don't need a receipt with Apple, I know this from experience, They will have a record of the purchase.

You don't need a receipt with Apple, I know this from experience, They will have a record of the purchase.
Apparently the 2 shops that i called said that they need a receipt. They can find a record of purchase at the store you purchased it from. I purchased it from New York. I called them and they said I have to be present in order for them to confirm my identity. It looks like a dead end for me guys..