What's new

Deleted facebook messages comes back ???

tooms

Reaction score
Hi I have an Iphone 5s running newest IOS7. I have the newest Facebook app installed. My problem is; I delete facebook messages on my phone. But when I then use the new "close running apps" function on my phone "doubleklick home button and swipe up". When I then restart the Facebook app the deleted messages are back ??? They do not apear, when I log on my iMac only on the phone ?? Whats happening

Best regards Tooms

Hi I have an Iphone 5s running newest IOS7. I have the newest Facebook app installed. My problem is; I delete facebook messages on my phone. But when I then use the new "close running apps" function on my phone "doubleklick home button and swipe up". When I then restart the Facebook app the deleted messages are back ??? They do not apear, when I log on my iMac only on the phone ?? Whats happening Best regards Tooms
Try deleting the entire message thread by swiping it to the left, then tap delete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply but that is the way I have deleted the messages. I deleted the entire thread, but it still comes back ??

Tooms

Thanks for the reply but that is the way I have deleted the messages. I deleted the entire thread, but it still comes back ?? Tooms
Have you tried deleting each message in the thread separately? Press on a message and the option to delete appears. Delete them all that way, then go back and delete the thread as suggested before.

Hi I have an Iphone 5s running newest IOS7. I have the newest Facebook app installed. My problem is; I delete facebook messages on my phone. But when I then use the new "close running apps" function on my phone "doubleklick home button and swipe up". When I then restart the Facebook app the deleted messages are back ??? They do not apear, when I log on my iMac only on the phone ?? Whats happening

Best regards Tooms

Try deleting the entire message thread by swiping it to the left, then tap delete.

LEdsteplin--I have removed the picture you attached since it contains personal information/names of people without their authorization.

Please remember the importance of posting personal information and understanding the concerns of privacy on this forum.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Thanks! I thought about that right after I hit reply. I could have and should have marked them out. They were immediate family members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the same problem with conversations not deleting from Facebook. After deleting the messages I needed to Log Out of Facebook and back in for them to be gone.

Thanks! I thought about that right after I hit reply. I could have and should have marked them out. They were immediate family members. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem--just wanted to catch that early to avoid anyone being posted without their knowledge.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

I also found out, that if I log out of Facebook then the messages stay away. But that is really stupid.