What's new

Delete voice mail

Vett

Reaction score
Is there a way to delete voice mail without opening it or calling voice mail

When looking at voicemail, swipe each number to the left and it will show a delete sign. You can tap on that and it will delete the voicemail. Hope this helps

When you say looking at voice mail do you mean after I call it, when I do it asks if I want to play the message there's no way to swipe to the left! I can swipe it when I open the phone but that dose not delete the message.

On your phone app, go to voicemail. Then you can swipe on the number for the voicemail and delete it without having to listen to it.

Then I would call your cell provider and have them fix the issue as they should be able to reset your voicemail. You should have visual voicemail. Maybe that is your issue. At any rate, with either or both issues, call your cell provider and have them redo your voicemail for you.

With my provider, I can dial Voicemail and, if I want, delete a message without listening to it by tapping 3.

iPhones also have visual voice mail. When you go into your phone app look at the very bottom, under the green circle with the picture of a phone receiver. The line reads Favorites, Recents, contacts, Keypad, Voicemail. Click on voicemail. This his how you can access voicemail and do the things they have been telling you to do. Even if your provider or model does not have visual voice mail, it has this format and is how you can look at, delete and click on to hear voicemail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 933
Just checked whether my provider supports Visual Voicemail. As yet, it doesn’t. Sorry that my reply therefore probably didn’t help!

I think my son figured it out, it's my plan most likely I use pay as you go" maybe it dose nor support it.

71A19499-ED0C-4927-B498-4E2D5EF8FEF7.jpeg
I think my son figured it out, it's my plan most likely I use pay as you go" maybe it dose nor support it.
Regardless, do you not see the bottom line I described to you? It should be there as even without voicemail, you need access to the others and that is part of what an iPhone is.

Last edited:
This is what I see, if I tap on voice mail it takes me to a screen that says "call voice mail "

Attachments

• IMG_1134.JPG
    IMG_1134.JPG
    688.7 KB · Views: 677
You don’t have visual voicemail setup then. It’s a carrier thing then.