What's new

Delete app data?

Martinblech

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a iphone 4s jailbroken device. (envasi0n jailbreak)
I have a app wich remembers me even if i delete it, and reinstalling it again.
I have even tried to restore my iphone back to the factory settings, the app still remembers me!
The purpose of trying to make the app forget me, is that i want to come back to the screen, when you first download the app.
So that I can set up a new user account, and you can't do so if you have downloaded the app and registered before.
It seems like the app remembers my actual phone, and stores this on their server or something... wild guess,
Does anybody know what i can do to download the app like new? can i SHH into the phone and delete som kind of data or something?

It would be so great if i could make it work!

That depends on the app. All app data will be saved somewhere on your device. You should be able to view them using iFunBox.

I'm using cyberduck, and I am able do SHH into my phone, but i don't know what to remove..?

Try iExplorer instead. It's a bit more user friendly especially for those that aren't that technical and rather play it safe. Download and run iExplorer, plug your device in. On the left hand side, you'll see your device's name (or just iPhone). Click on it to expand the tree. Then head over to Apps. Scroll down until you see the app that you want to remove the temp data from, and delete everything inside the Cache folder. So an example would be:

iPhone/Apps/Facebook/Library/Caches/

I would delete everything inside the Caches folder (not the actual Caches folder itself) and respring/reboot my device.