What's new

delete all voice memos

cjj

Reaction score
I have about 60 voice memos to delete - I usually do them one at a time but there must be a way to do them all at once. I opened voice memos from itunes and selected them all but they wouldn't delete. How does one delete all voice memos at the same time?

Welcome to iPhone Forums, cjj!

When your iPhone is connected to iTunes, go to the Summary tab, scroll to Options there, make sure "Manually manage music and videos" is checkmarked. Then go back to the voice memos, select all and delete them. Sync your device with iTunes once more. They should be deleted.

Hope that helps.

It didn't work. I can select all the voice memos as I could previously, but they won't delete or drag to the trash. I tried deleting with the delete button and under edit, but there was no delete option.

Next option:
Go to Music - My Music in iTunes. Somewhere, you should find an album called "Voice Memos". Right click it, to find Delete there. This should remove the memos from iTunes.
Then go to your iPhone in iTunes again, select Music, enable Sync voice memos, and sync with your iPhone. Then the folder will also disappear from iTunes.

... except I want the memos to be in itunes.

If you wish to keep them in iTunes, you'll have to remove them on your iPhone, one by one. If you remove the album from iTunes, they will be deleted. If you keep them in iTunes, they'll be synced to your iPhone every time you enable syncing voice memos.