What's new

Default codes

scimanc

Reaction score
Can n e 1 help on defaults codes for restrictions on iPhone 4 don't remember setting code but can't get in to restrictions lol help please

there is no default code for restriction. You can chose to start from scratch if you want, and actually that's your only option unless you have an old backup which you made when you were not having any restriction code on the system, then you can restore that backup file and voila.

But I don't remember ever setting a code for this

But I don't remember ever setting a code for this
Factory restore and start everything from scratch then. To ease the pain, you can backup some of your data to iCloud (You need to have an iCloud account first) also you can sync your contacts with iCloud, that's all you can do. Good luck.

Well,Bab2010, I am sorry to say...I don't know if this is done by Apple deliberately or is it a flaw in the iphone but there is a default passcode because scimanc is not the only person who experienced that. I did too and please search the web, many ppl is asking the same question too, so I do believe there is one, and for mine, luckily, it's 1234! I've tried 0000 but lost a chance so I searched around without finding an answer on the internet which is very strange! I called Apple and they asked me to restore my phone to factory setting via itunes but it wasn't successful! So I tried again with 1234 and it works! I am 100% for sure that I have never set up any passcode on my phone so...if it is not default, what else can it be?

So what we're say here is... that "Restrictions" turns it self on without cause and sets it's own password? Any time I've every fiddled w/ Restrictions... it prompts me for a "new password" when I turn it on. I'm just not sure where this "default" password is coming into play.

Not a chance. Someone set up a restriction. No way it can turn itself on.

I called Apple and they asked me to restore my phone to factory setting via itunes but it wasn't successful!
The only way this happend... is you restored your iDevice improperly. Restring to factory settings or as a "New Device" will remove any and all settings previously imposed on an iDevice. So, the fact that the Restrictions passcode still remained is impossible w/ the proper restore.

When you first try to access Restrictions you asked to " Enter a Restrictions Passcode " basically make a 4 digit passcode up...The top banner Set Passcode.

5D8BEF97-B7B4-41E8-93F9-20B4C0C0E814-8182-0000032F82C9A0EE_zpsf3d99804.jpg

Next time you return to Restrictions you will be asked to "Enter your Restrictions Passcode" basically re-enter you previously made up 4 digit code...Top banner now reads Enter Passcode.

311B4784-540E-4B44-ABE0-6FC12240CC01-8182-0000032F758D628B_zps8d53253e.jpg

The default password is 1234. At least that worked for me just now.

There's no default password for restrictions. When you use it for the first time, you enter the numbers of your choice, and that'll be the password for your restrictions from then on, until you change it.

The default for a restrictions password is no password at all. If you want to change any of the default settings in restrictions, you have to set a password of your choice.

And the Restriction Passcode is not the same as the passcode you use when you actvate the phone for the first time. Restriction are never in effect on a new fault as the default is having no restrictions. And has been previously stated, you must make a restrictions passcode the first time you make a restriction. One way you can check is to look at what is entered under restrictions. If any are turned on, the restriction code was entered at least hat time.