What's new

dead phone

sophie2

Reaction score
Hi,
Please can someone give me some advice.Iphone 3g showed battery warning of 10% while using a app,then after a short time phone switched itself off(i assume it went into save battery mode),then i put phone on to recharge and apple logo appeared for about 20 sec and then blank screen.After 2hrs went to disconnect charger and start up phone,but screen remains blank and when i press button ontop apple icon appears for 10sec and then returns to blank screen.Even tried itunes and nothing happened....any suggestions please

I have been seeing this post more and more in the last couple weeks. All i can suggest is look at the previous post and see if it will help you solve the issue. I'm not really sure what to tell you with out having the phone in front of me and running test.

If you connect the phone to your PC when it appears to be "off", does it recognise the device in recovery mode? If so, it sounds like you are now in a DFU loop (which again, has been happening more and more recently). Let us know if iTunes does recognise the device or not...

Thanks for your quick replies,and to update on the problem when i connect to PC in the off mode it does not recognise the phone in itunes....dont know if this is relevant but the app i was using was a free app and i had just installed it 2 mins b4 using it.

Well, it's not in a recovery loop then. But that means it is turning off immediately, which is just as problematic.

If it really is well charged and won't stay on for more than 20 seconds, then I'm stumped as to what to suggest other than a full restore.

Do you know what version of IOS you were using? Probably 4.2.1 or 3.1.3 I would imagine.

To restore you are going to have to use DFU mode. We have a guide here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

Not sure what else to suggest in this situation. Sorry.

Thanx for your advice,and i will try it,but could it be that i am unlucky and the battery is fried and that it is not recharging at all and that is why it will not power up....i am a total novice by the way

If the battery was fully empty you would see a special red battery icon on the screen. It would not boot to the Apple logo then switch off. That's what makes your situation strange...