What's new

Deactivated unlock 4s?

HUNTER1

Reaction score
I'm replacing my 4s with iphone5 and will get it unlock by AT&T once deactivated. Can I still sync it with iTunes or iTunes will not recognize it anymore? I'm planning to use it in other countries.

HUNTER1 said:
I'm replacing my 4s with iphone5 and will get it unlock by AT&T once deactivated. Can I still sync it with iTunes or iTunes will not recognize it anymore? I'm planning to use it in other countries.

It will still work with iTunes, even if it's not activated with a cellular carrier. Until it's re-activated it will act just like an iPod touch and will be able to access the Internet via WiFi.

To go one step further, you have to hook it to iTunes at least one more time to unlock it once AT&T white lists your iPhone.

Ok, once deactivated and called AT&T for unlock, I need to hook it up into iTunes to unlock it?

Ok, once deactivated and called AT&T for unlock, I need to hook it up into iTunes to unlock it?

That is correct. Personally, I would unlock it before you deactivate it. Once you are no longer paying them for that phone they really have no need to keep you happy. But that is just my take on it.

I called them before and they said it needs to be out of service or contract for them to unlock it. I'm upgrading to Iphone5.

I would recommend just using the online chat option and requesting an unlock from them. You still have a contract with AT&T I assume.

I would recommend just using the online chat option and requesting an unlock from them. You still have a contract with AT&T I assume.
I'm still with them, just upgrading. I will use the online chat, thanks

AT&T unlocked my next phone (insurance) 4S It had a SIM card and i was not set even after following directions lol