What's new

Cydia error to many packages

winkillerx

Reaction score
I have encountered this error before on my cydia. I know to fix this, you just have to erase a repo because you have exceeded 66,000 packages. I tryed erasing a repo (not the main 4 stock repos) but when i respring the repo is back. In the screenshot below the problem is with, "the big boss repo" but if i delete that repo, i lose all my install packages with that repo. Is there an alternate method?

$image.jpg

Try :

[h=2]How to fix this error?[/h]
The fix is pretty simple,

In order to fix the excess of package name entries, you need to remove some of the extra repo sources you added in Cydia.
To do so, go to Cydia > Manage > Sources > Edit, then remove a few sources in there. Note that it’s not necessarily a good idea to remove some of the default repositories (BigBoss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, Dev Team, ModMyI, ZodTTD) as they are the ones that actually provide the most bang for your bucks, so to speak.

My recommendation would be to use MobileTerminal to remove and re-install Cydia if possible. You can either use PuTTy to do this from your PC or MobileTerminal from Cydia.