What's new

Cycling app for iPhone 4S that uses GPS only

Argy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question.

Can anyone recommend a cycling app that only uses GPS?

I need it for a week long cycling trip in Belgium.

From my own research/understanding, I need a cycling app that already has the maps. Is that correct?

I am looking for a FREE app or even a paid app, as long as it works well for the maps/average speed etc and only uses GPS so I am not charged roaming fee's from my UK provider!

Many thanks in advance

John

I use cyclemeter and it works well. There is a very informative video on YouTube about. I believe it costs $2.99. But well worth it.

yes i have to agree with using cyclemeter! its a great app. you can use it for anything from in a car, motorcycle, bike, running or walking. works great. also if you run like me i put alerts on to alert me of how many miles ive done. it maps your data and you are able to email it and upload it.

you do not need internet for the app to work. so it will even work great on the itouch. you only need internet to look at the map of your route.

yes i have to agree with using cyclemeter! its a great app. you can use it for anything from in a car, motorcycle, bike, running or walking. works great. also if you run like me i put alerts on to alert me of how many miles ive done. it maps your data and you are able to email it and upload it.

you do not need internet for the app to work. so it will even work great on the itouch. you only need internet to look at the map of your route.

Hi,

But I want to avoid using the Internet for maps as I will get charged roaming fee's!!

Does anyone know a app that allows only GPS navigation?

Thanks

John

you can turn off your phone internet connection and still use the app. this isnt a navigation app. it just routes your travel and also gives you details about it. like speed, average speed, elevation. time elapsed. and other things like that