What's new

Custom whatsapp tunes

Ferdi

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to chance the dull whatsapp tunes with my custom ones. Is there a way without the jailbreak?

Thank you. Do you perhaps know what those apps are? Looking for names. Thank you ones again.

Thank you. Do you perhaps know what those apps are? Looking for names. Thank you ones again.

I am a little confused by this question...

There is no way to change system sounds without jail breaking. If you jail break, you can change system sounds by going into your phone via an SSH tool and manually changing them. Or, you can use a theming platform such as Winterboad that will allow you to put a different sound in without changing your core iOS.

That I am aware of, there is no app that does this for you. You have to do it yourself.

Again - this is only if you are jail broke.

Marilyn

Thank you for making it clear Micky. If i do decide to do the jail break, will my warranty be voided? Had a htc tp2 and did the ssh thing for other roms and all of a sudden my usb port didn't want to work. When i took it to lab88 they told me that because of that my warranty is void and it would cost the same as a new phone to be repaired. Expensive lesson.

If you have trouble and need to claim on the warranty restore your iPhone using iTunes.

And it leaves no trail? Whatsoever?

No trail, whatsoever. Because, when you remove the jail break, you are installing a fresh iOS - which makes your phone just as if it came straight out of the box.

Marilyn

Great stuff. Thank you so much and for your patients. Can you please help to do the jail break? Step by step if you don't mind. Still new at this.

I'd help with the jail break, but my fellow moderators have already done all the hard work - they've made wonderful tutorials that are all posted in the Jail break section of this forum.

The only extra help I, or anyone, can give you is to point you at the correct one. So, two questions for you to answer:

1) What iPhone and iOS do you have?

2) If it's not the 4S, do you also want to unlock it so you can use a different carrier? If yes, we'll need your baseband...

Knowing that will enable us to send you to the right tutorial.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

My phone runs on os 5

In South Africa there are no more phones carrier locked. So im good there thanks.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.