What's new

Custom ringtones stopped working

pcdebb

Reaction score
Hello all

I have a few custom ringtones on my phone. For no apparent reason they stopped working yesterday. I went into the settings and they are still there, but when my phone rings, it's the default ringtone. I've rebooted my phone and that doesn't seem to help

Any ideas?

Tried that. I posted in a Facebook group and apparently a few others had the same thing happen. Weird. For no reason the tones would be basic and just like that it works again.

Mine are the same way. What's happening is the ringtone can't locate the file source. For me I changed out phones and I've updated my computer and when I went to sync my phone my ringtones wouldn't play. once I set my phone and everything back onto my computer put the files back in the same folder with the same name then songs an tones synced.

Just saw this. Mine hasn't done it in a while. but it used to. It would just stop using the custom ringtones and texts, then just as suddenly, they'd go back to working all on their own, then stop again, work again, etc.

I haven't had any recent issues with it though, but then again my phone is almost always on silent and I rely on my watch telling me I have call or text.