What's new

Custom ring / silence options tweak?

Justin_S

Reaction score
I'd like a tweak to allow me to a have my phone chime, etc while not silenced, but to be silenced when I have the phone unlocked in my hand. It's super annoying to have my phone blasting out sounds while I've got it unlocked and in my hand. I want the phone to ring, chime, etc while locked and off silent, but be silenced to vibrate when I have it unlocked. Similar to flipping the silence switch, but without having to toggle it to silent every time I unlock the phone! iPhone 5s, jailbroken, 7.0.4

Could you maybe set up some sort of Activator action to mute the phone when it's unlocked?

Under Activator's "Anywhere" tab, there's a line for "Unlocked" [via slide to unlock]. If you select a flipswitch to turn on (activate Ringer switch) when the screen's unlocked, then set another action to toggle the Ringer switch off when you lock the device - maybe that'll do it?

I've not tried it, but maybe it'll work?

Marilyn

I think there's potential for a tweak to be made that simplifies this whole task, and provides additional options, no ring when certain apps are open, etc. Anybody second this?