What's new

Custom message tone on iphone 4, anyone?

studley2581

Reaction score
Anyone know how to put custom message tones instead of the boring factory ones? How come u can buy ringtones from iTunes but not message tones? Can someone help?

Welcome,

You can only get custom SMS tones with a jailbroken phone. When iOS 5 is released you will have the option to buy SMS tones. So far, it looks like you still won't be able to create you own like you can with ringtones...

on ios 5 you will be given the option to buy more tones and i am sure some one will be able to figure out how to add them free as well like with the ringtones.. i hope any way

I wonder what selections we will have with ios5, if its tied into itunes or something else.

I wonder what selections we will have with ios5, if its tied into itunes or something else.

well there is a "buy more" button on top of the sms tones but no sms tones tab so maybe you would be able to convert them and add the tons to the ringtone tab and add them that way

well there is a "buy more" button on top of the sms tones but no sms tones tab so maybe you would be able to convert them and add the tons to the ringtone tab and add them that way

Yes, this can be done and other than this it will be better to look for it. Like this the new tones can be added.

But, it is thus suggested to be get the tones from the secure source.

How do i use a song from my itunes as a ring tone, it was easy to do on cheaper phones.

How do i use a song from my itunes as a ring tone, it was easy to do on cheaper phones.

yes it was....

1. open itunes

2. select the mp3 and right click and select "convert to AAC"

3. make sure all file extensions are showing for all file types

4. the file she be named .m4a what you need to do is rename it to .m4r

5. use a audio editor of your choice and cut the song down to under 30 seconds

6. load the ring tone into the ringtone tab in itunes and then sync with your phone..

OR alternatively you can use an app called Iphone Ring Tone Maker

I have 6 in my itunes ring tones but only five go into my phone what am i doing wrong?

I have 6 in my itunes ring tones but only five go into my phone what am i doing wrong?

There is a limitation of 5 ringtones that you can manually add via iTunes. Unless you jailbreak you will not be able to load more than 5.

Didn't know about this limitation. I'm sure I've had more than 5 before. Could be wrong...

Errr, I hate how a 20$ phone from walmart will let you create custom SMS tones but the almighty iPhone (no disrespect) wont. I could make some cool tones for you guys too!