What's new

crying over spilled milk

Troubledcheech

Reaction score
so i have an sprint iphone 4. i only had for 3 weeks now. me being the smartest person spilled milk on my phone. i think i went to the speaker. now when i make a call or when somebody makes a call to me i can not here them from my ear peice. however, my speaker from the bottom does work.

also, i notice that when you put your ear on the top area the ear peice the screen normally turns off. now it does not. i did not get the apple protection plan and im up my 14 days. i talked to a sprint representative but they are no help because apple is the last say in it.

i need help and advice. i was thinking of relpacing my the nessacary pieaces to my iphone. i also placed my phone in a cup of rice. there's this saying that the right can absored the mosture that got into the phone. i just ordered tools which are being shipped as you read this post. everything else in the phone work perfectly fine. the ear peice im really upset about.

somebody plz help?

I would take the phone to your local Apple store. They are usually more helpful than the carrier. They may be able to give you a replacement.

Thats what i was going to suggest, maybe an Apple store will replace it under warranty. Just dont tell them it has milk in it.....lol

ive seen those kits you can buy . its like a bag you put your phone in when youve dropped it in water . that was in radio shack

ok guys...

its been a few days. the next morning i work up really early and deperest. i took my phone out of the jar of rice. i cleaned it off and i notice the phone was one after i turned it off for the night. i called the first number that i saw in my recent contact list and there it was.... working. my ear peiece is working. i check the phone and other fictures to see if anything else has happen to it. ...nuttin...

im very surprised and shocked... does anybody has any ideas what could have went wrong? i still have the tools coming in and i will take apart my phone to see if there is any physical damanage inside. ive been looking up videos oh how to disasemble my iphone.

i have not yet called apple.... i feel they might say "well you should have tooken our insureance..."

Apple are incredibly helpful when you go to the stores. I've had to got twice about my wife's 3gs and each time got a replacement.

The first time it was due to poor battery life and constant app crashes. They couldn't fault the phone with all the checks they do but decided to replace the phone anyway because, and I quote "you wouldn't have came all this way for no reason so we will just replace the phone for you". The second time the phone had somehow got water damaged, they can tell by looking down the headphone plug or up the charger port. There's a special paper that turns pink if it has came into contact with liquid. After they showed me what they had found I was ready to leave thinking they wouldn't help, but, they said on this occasion they would replace the phone as I couldn't provide a solution as to how the phone managed to get liquid damaged.

So my advice to you is to take it to apple and try your luck. I'm sure I won't the only one who has had excellent customer services form apple...

My experience with the genius bar changed drastically this week. Good thing I ended up getting help from a cool little chick otherwise I would've had to fight my way out of the Emeryville Apple Store

Troubledcheech said:
ok guys...

its been a few days. the next morning i work up really early and deperest. i took my phone out of the jar of rice. i cleaned it off and i notice the phone was one after i turned it off for the night. i called the first number that i saw in my recent contact list and there it was.... working. my ear peiece is working. i check the phone and other fictures to see if anything else has happen to it. ...nuttin...

im very surprised and shocked... does anybody has any ideas what could have went wrong? i still have the tools coming in and i will take apart my phone to see if there is any physical damanage inside. ive been looking up videos oh how to disasemble my iphone.

i have not yet called apple.... i feel they might say "well you should have tooken our insureance..."

My advice is if it is working don't mess with it. Don't take it apart. Wait awhile and if it stops working again THEN take it to apple.

Oh and I've never taken the insurance and Apple has always been VERY good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net