What's new

Cracked screen on iPhone4 (australia)

VTR

Reaction score
Hi,Just cracked the screen on my iPhone4 and wondered if any Aussie iPhone4 owners have had this replaced and what the median cost to do so is?

VTR said:
Hi,Just cracked the screen on my iPhone4 and wondered if any Aussie iPhone4 owners have had this replaced and what the median cost to do so is?

http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=7831&u=15137331

Depends on what route you'd like to take. Repair it yourself or take it to a repair shop?

If you're doing the work yourself I'd recommend only buying OEM parts. Check out iFixit.com for OEM parts w/ 6 month warranties & complete how to's on how to replace your screen. Looking @ less than $100 USD for an OEM screen.

On the other hand, if you go to a repair shop.. be sure that they are reputable and offer a warranty on parts and service. Not sure how much that'll run you though.

Thanks Thomas! :)

Thanks Nikstar,One place @ North Lakes quoted me $130 for a generic front only replacement and another place (referred to me by a friend) in Underwood is $100 for a genuine one.

Thanks Nikstar,One place @ North Lakes quoted me $130 for a generic front only replacement and another place (referred to me by a friend) in Underwood is $100 for a genuine one.

That's a good price! I was quoted that price about 6 months ago so I thought the price probably would have dropped by now.