What's new

Corp Outlook requires SSL connection. Why don't I see that?

liquidmike

Reaction score
There has been some sort of corporate Exchange server update or setting change that requires me to now use an SSL connection on my phone for my Outlook account. Please forgive me if the term I'm using isn't correct. I'm pretty sure that's what my support person said and it's been a long time after hearing it on a long day for me to recall with 100% accuracy. It was perfectly OK up to this point in time and when I in quired about the problem was instructed to verify this setting.

I upgraded to 5.0.1 as I was told by a coworker who uses an ATT version (mine's Verizon) that she is currently on 5.0.1 also and has a setting for this on her Exchange account settings screen. I do not have this settting and can no longer connect with my Outlook account, which is the primary reason for the device. Does anybody know what I'm talking about here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm kind of screwed right now. Thanks.

SSL! You need to change a port number on either your incoming or outgoing server connection. You should talk to your IT guy about it.

While I like to think of myself as pretty important in the office, I doubt they are going to change anythig as broad as the email server just for me. There are other people using Apple devices among my peers that are able to connect without issue. What I'd really like to see is the same settings on my phone as I see on theirs.

You should be able to simply use the Exchange Sever settings

Apparently the issue was with the Domain setting being vacant, which it's always been, but has to be populated now. The SSL setting that I was looking for only appeared after I made a successful connection and viewed the account settings later. Guess I learned something today.