What's new

Corona jailbreak exploit patched in 5.1 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmills87

Reaction score
Well, just as we expected, it has now been revealed that the latest 5.1 beta, beta 3, has patched the recent untethered Corona exploit. Whether Apple would have found and patched the exploit had MuscleNerd chosen to wait on releasing the A4 jailbreak, we will never know.

Anyone who wishes to remain on an untethered jailbreak or A5 device users, you will have to remain on or upgrade to 5.0.1 before 5.1 is released in order to do so.

Apple is going to end up losing millions of customers if they close all possibilities of exploiting. I know a ton of people who have already went to Android. I know I'll be doing the same if that scenario happens. I'm not sure why they're so uptight about us wanting to customize our devices. I know that piracy is an issue but without jailbreaking somebody will still find a way to pirate apps. Personally I don't believe in piracy. IMO the stock iOS GUI is hideous and I have to theme it (FI7TY themes, they're incredible). I love apps and tweaks like BiteSMS, My3G, MyWi, FolderEnhancer, Color Keyboard, and many many more that without I don't want an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Unless Apple has a huge release in the next gen iOS giving the ability to completely and fully customize your phone then I'm out (if exploiting is over). I'd love to see Apple and Saurik get together and make Cydia a native application. I don't see that happening unless Saurik can find a way to NOT allow piracy based repos to be added. Apple would literally take over the game IF they did that. There would be endless possibilities. But I have a feeling Apple is going to cut off its nose spite it's face.

Last edited:
Apple can patch whatever they want, I will still kiss my iPhone jailbreak available or not. I've grown to learn how to live with a stock iPhone since I got my 4S, 2 months now, so far so great. Stabilité impeccable.

Apple is going to end up losing millions of customers if they close all possibilities of exploiting.

I largely feel the same way. I would have already switched (back) to Android to get the settings I really really want and in some cases really need to use my phone the way I want. Something as simple as noy being able to turn off the sent message sound keeps me from being able to use loud and on the silent setting (pitiful vibration settings) I've missed more calls and texts in the 1.5 months since I got my iPhone than I did the couple of years that I had an Android. Sad...

I hope *our guys* can stay ahead of their guys.

p0et said:
Apple is going to end up losing millions of customers if they close all possibilities of exploiting. I know a ton of people who have already went to Android. I know I'll be doing the same if that scenario happens. I'm not sure why they're so uptight about us wanting to customize our devices. I know that piracy is an issue but without jailbreaking somebody will still find a way to pirate apps. Personally I don't believe in piracy. IMO the stock iOS GUI is hideous and I have to theme it (FI7TY themes, they're incredible). I love apps and tweaks like BiteSMS, My3G, MyWi, FolderEnhancer, Color Keyboard, and many many more that without I don't want an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Unless Apple has a huge release in the next gen iOS giving the ability to completely and fully customize your phone then I'm out (if exploiting is over). I'd love to see Apple and Saurik get together and make Cydia a native application. I don't see that happening unless Saurik can find a way to NOT allow piracy based repos to be added. Apple would literally take over the game IF they did that. There would be endless possibilities. But I have a feeling Apple is going to cut off its nose spite it's face.

Actually there is a way

Be careful here. NO discussion of piracy please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually there is a way already to pirate apps with out a jailbreak with I resign.

Do tell!! I googled and found it, but no mention if it works with the 4S? I REALLY wish there was a way to use Android apps!

Not that I'm up for pirating apps, if someone deserves credit or payment they should get it. With that said, Apple is creating the market for piracy. If the vast majority of apps were free like they are on Android, market would there really be a need for piracy? There may be X-thousands more apps on the apple store but I've found FAR fewer that are free, that I actually need or want, or even that do what I want.

@poet
Apple is going to end up losing millions of customers if they close all possibilities of exploiting

I'm afraid that even if apple lost every member of this forum and even every jailbreaker out there- it would be no more than momentary blip in their radar. I hate that we (jb community / people that want to control their own phone) probably aren't very important to Apple and honestly, I think they would prefer we just all went away. Sad but I believe it to be true.

Last edited:
Do tell!! I googled and found it, but no mention if it works with the 4S? I REALLY wish there was a way to use Android apps!

Not that I'm up for pirating apps, if someone deserves credit or payment they should get it. With that said, Apple is creating the market for piracy. If the vast majority of apps were free like they are on Android, market would there really be a need for piracy? There may be X-thousands more apps on the apple store but I've found FAR fewer that are free, that I actually need or want, or even that do what I want.

@poet

I'm afraid that even if apple lost every member of this forum and even every jailbreaker out there- it would be no more than momentary blip in their radar. I hate that we (jb community / people that want to control their own phone) probably aren't very important to Apple and honestly, I think they would prefer we just all went away. Sad but I believe it to be true.

Now you go create your apps and load it in the app store for free to download and to use. If you can't create apps and make them free apps for the world to use, don't blame those who can create apps and made them paid apps.
DISCUSSION OF PIRACY PIRATING OF ANY KIND ANY FORM IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE FORUM.
Time to focus back on thread topic. Thank you.

Rik756 said:
@poet

I don't think that's true. Do you realize how many people are out there who buy the idevices because of the ability to jailbreak and get things no other phone can? If Apple kills those possibilities they will lose a lot of money. Then all of those people are going to buy Android hence boosting their sales. Apple wants to be the top smartphone and tablet provider. I bet at least 80-85% of the people standing in long lines upon new device releases are fanboys/fangirls who are incredibly into jailbreaking. If you think about it, what motivation would you have to wait in line for countless hours to just have a bone stock idevice (with Knowing you'd never have a jb)? I can bet that a lot of people won't be buying idevices until they know for sure an exploit is available. I guarantee I won't be buying one until I know for sure.

I don't think that's true. Do you realize how many people are out there who buy the idevices because of the ability to jailbreak and get things no other phone can? If Apple kills those possibilities they will lose a lot of money.

Don't kid yourself. The small number of people who will drop iOS devices for android or windows is just not an interesting market. Apple will not miss you when you are gone.

thewitt is right, Apple will forever do whatever they can to combat jailbreaking. It would be wise of them to encourage it like Microsoft does with the Windows Phone, but with Apple it will never happen. They are control freaks.

Rik756 said:

@poet

There is a way to use Android apps.

Get an android phone :)

There is a way to use Android apps.

Get an android phone :)

Lol I despise people who mention using android games/apps with ios if you wanted an android you should have got an android but this is a iPhone forum for iPhones

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.