What's new

Converting .WAV audio files to tones.

Barnabyboy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help me with .WAV audio file conversion. I have converted two .WAV audio files to .aac and .m4r files and they show in the File Explorer Music > iTunes. However, when I open iTunes to load the .m4r files across into my iphone they are not there! Why? I can think of no logical explanation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
William.

You have to import songs into iTunes, not just copy them into the directory. Easiest way is to tell iTunes to import all music as aac. Also the .m4r needs to be in the ringtone directory as the .m4r extension is for ringtones. The other way is to start up file explorer and iTunes then drag the .aac and .m4r files into the open iTunes app

Thanks for your post zstairlessone. I solved the problem by connecting my iPhone to the PC, then dragging the m4r files from the File Explorer directly into the tones section of the iPhone, not the iTunes.

Thanks for your post zstairlessone. I solved the problem by connecting my iPhone to the PC, then dragging the m4r files from the File Explorer directly into the tones section of the iPhone, not the iTunes.
That is correct. The recent iTunes update (can't remember what version of iTunes it was exactly) switched it so you now have to load ringtones this way. It was a little simpler before. Still gets the job done though.