What's new

Continuity Lets you Take Phone Calls on iPads and Macs even When your iPhone’s Battery is Dead

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
cellular continuity iphone.png

We were telling you last week that that cellular Continuity would be making its way to iOS 9, with T-Mobile being the first carrier to support this new feature. Now a fresh report coming from iDownloadBlog says that Apple has come up with another great new feature which allows users to make or receive phone calls on iPads or Macs even when the iPhone is off. Jeff Benjamin with the publication says the following:

"After testing out this new feature on the iOS 9 beta, the Continuity features appear to be truly bound at the cellular network level. In fact, I could receive phone calls on my iPad while my iPhone was completely turned off."

Have a look at the video from below to see this new feature in action:

If your iPhone is already running the iOS 9 beta, then you can enable the cellular Continuity. You’ll need to be signed in to the same iCloud account on all devices that you wish to use with Continuity. Here are the steps that you need to follow on your iPhone
  1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Phone
  3. Tap Calls on Other Devices
  4. Enable the Allow Calls on Other Devices switch
  5. Tap Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices
You will also need to enable cellular Continuity on your iPad for phone calls which has to be running iOS 9 and you have to be signed in to the same iCloud account. Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Open Settings
  2. Tap FaceTime
  3. Tap Calls from iPhone
  4. Enable the Calls from iPhone switch
  5. Tap Upgrade to Wi-Fi calling
  6. Tap Enable
  7. Enter the code provided on your iPhone to activate Wi-Fi calling on iPad and tap Allow
  8. Wait for Wi-Fi Calls to activate on the iPad
This is indeed a great new feature to have, as it allows you to use your iPhone carrier account to make and receive calls from a device logged in to the same iCloud account, even when you phone is not nearby, or when it's off.

Source: iDownloadBlog