What's new

Contacts: Can my mom be "mom"?

jay_mnmn

Reaction score
Hi,

First timer. Nice place you got here.

I inputted my mother's name in my contacts. Her name is Sue Smith. Instead of seeing the name "Sue Smith" when she calls, can I rename it so when she calls I just see "Mom"?

Obviously, I can just say "Mom" is her first name and not give her a last name (in the contacts). But I would like to keep my contact list formal and have nicknames pop up (not just for her, but for my friends too) .

Any way to do this?

Thanks! Keep up the good work.

Jay S.

jay_mnmn said:
Hi,

First timer. Nice place you got here.

I inputted my mother's name in my contacts. Her name is Sue Smith. Instead of seeing the name "Sue Smith" when she calls, can I rename it so when she calls I just see "Mom"?

Obviously, I can just say "Mom" is her first name and not give her a last name (in the contacts). But I would like to keep my contact list formal and have nicknames pop up (not just for her, but for my friends too) .

Any way to do this?

Thanks! Keep up the good work.

Jay S.
I dont know that but u can call over siri..I think in phonebook you have nick name option..
Ask Siri: whom is my Mom? Rest you will follow..

If you say "sue smith is my mother" to Siri it saves her as your mom so if you say "call mom" or "send mom a text" it works. You could make mom her nickname also I believe

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)