What's new

constant error when updating!

louismee

Reaction score
right i have a uk iphone 4, locked to the orange network, when ever i update it i get error 3194. iv looked online, took gs.apple.com out of my host lists, put it back in again, reset my iphone, restarted my computer, uninstalled and redownloaded itunes, prayed to god, ect ect but it keeps happining

iv even tried to update it useing redsn0w and the likes and it just hangs... the phone works in every other way, i just dont know what else i can do!

can someone please help?

thanks
Louis

Don't do the putting back in of gs.apple.com. Delete any lines of gs.apple.com, remove any host.umbrella in the same directory of your iPhone. Flush your cache/DNS, retry. Another possibility for the 3194 is a firewall or an IPSW mismatch. Disable your firewall, and make sure your IPSW matches your iPhone. You're on UK Orange, meaning the header for your IPSW should be iPhone3,1,<insert iOS here>. And make sure you download the IPSW on a non-Internet Explorer browser

hi, sorry iv been at work. no my device isnt jailbroken. its on ios 4.1 i think, i read about letting itunes update it as it updates to the most up to date one, but i still get the 3194 error.

Im useing chrome to download the ispw file and the only firewall i have is the standard windows one.

Right, just tried disabling the windows firewall, removing gs.apple.com from the hosts file ans still getting the error3194 :/

Last edited:
Did you flush your dns. And make sure your IPSW matches the model of your iPhone, whether if it's GSM or CDMA