What's new

Connected to WiFi but only Google works!!!!

jaybeex2

Reaction score
Ive finally gone wireless, i can connect and surf perfectly on my laptop, my 3GS (running 5.1.1 JB) however, connects to the wifi no problem, websitewise only Google runs! Any attempt to leave Google times out, click on Google and bang its there straight away! Im using a Thompson TG585 v7, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
John

Are we talking about the laptop being tethered to the iPhone 3GS and not being able to go on any sites aside from Google? Or are we saying that only Google sites work on the 3GS.

The phone and laptop aren't tethered, 3GS linked direct to the wifi router. I've since tried a friends Blackberry which works perfectly, I can access any web site I like. But the iPhone only google. John

UPDATE: Ive found another web site that works, the TSB banking one, anyone have any theories as to whats blocking all other sites?

Tried that thanks, with no joy im afraid, what i have found is that i have the word 'Ian' in the Search Domains field, no idea who Ian is, but everytime i delete it, and go back in it reappears!

Pity that didn't work. I suspect it's something to do with the jailbreak, but I have absolutely no ideas on hacking, so I'll have to leave this one to others. Sorry.

Thanks for all the replies, its actually Ian (as in a males name) not LAN, ive found it set on the router under the 'Interface Information/ Interface Group' section, but its not editable not sure if its relative or not.

Last edited:
Capital i is I.
Lower case L is l.
Easy to confuse.
Here is an example
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357210357.661054.jpg
I can assure you that that is not a reference to someone called ian.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk