What's new

Computer Or Cloud

JUNKIE

Reaction score
I have a 6 Plus and for a long time my computer is my back up for my phone. Now my computer has a virus and I have to erase everything or buy another computer. Should I just start backing all my stuff up to the cloud now or what?

Yes, I would recommend that. Your first backup may take a while, but after that it will automatically backup once every twenty- four hours when plugged in and asleep.

Is backing up to Cloud better then doing it for a computer?
I don’t even know if I have enough room in my Cloud

The first 5 GB are free. In iCloud on your iPhone, you can see if there’s enough storage space.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. The differences between both methods are listed here:
About backups for iOS devices

So what happens when I hook my phone up to a new computer that has none of my music on it and I try to back it up to the new computer?

There shouldn't be a problem, provided you download the latest version of iTunes on the computer.

Ok I’m just trying to make sure it doesn’t wipe the music off the phone or something.

Before you connect your iPhone to iTunes for the first time, after erasing the computer, make sure that it doesn’t sync automatically. Enable “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically” in Edit - Preferences - Devices.

I need to bump this thread.
First off I never came back and thanked you guys for the help with my question. Everything worked out just fine. So thank you.

Second now I have another question.
Now that I finally went ahead and got another computer. I just kept putting it off but finally went ahead and bought one. I still want my stuff backed up to the cloud. But I want to do some work on the phone using my computer which means I need to sync it. Will there be a issue? Also my phone has been acting odd for a long time. Is it possible that the phone has a virus, and if that's the case will the sync bring the virus off the phone on to my computer?
Hope these aren't stupid questions thanks for the help in advance.