What's new

Coming from android and rooting. Want to jailbreak but im lost

kurt909

Reaction score
My iP5 arrived today. Love it, but there are things from android i miss e.g widgets etc. So getting this 'cydia' is kind of a must.

Problem is it came with 6.1.4, and ive read up on it and apparently its not possible?

In short, my question is jailbreaking 6.1.4 possible?

Tried searching but nothing came up that was relative. Sorry if you have heard this 1000 times!

OK after some more research i now know it is not possible.

Now my next question is, when is ios 7 expected to be released.

Final question. If you jailbreak, im guessing you no longer get over the air updates available to you?

Jailbreaking the iPhone 5 is not available above 6.1.2. iOS 7 is being announced on the 10th, meaning in a little under 2 weeks.

If you jailbreak the device, the developer is more than likely going to prevent OTA updates on your device because OTA is the number one worse nightmare for jailbroken devices. If you want to upgrade your iOS on your jailbroken device, 1, make sure that the new iOS is jailbreakable, and 2, that you do it via a terminal and not OTA, or you'll end up with more problems than if you spent an extra 10 minutes downloading the IPSW file.

Ive come across this video and every comment seems to say its legit?? What do you guys think?

LINK REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
The video is a fake. There are no jailbreaks for iOS 6.1.4. 6.1.3 is only tethered jailbroken for the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch 4th generation. No other device.

Yes there is already a jailbreak for .3 and .4
but I dont think it's for every apple device

OK, sorry about that.

Can i ask though, why is everyone commenting that it works?! Are they trying to trick people or just idiots?

Probably fake testimonials as it certainly won't work.

They're fakes. Most of those accounts are more than likely friends/family trying to attract attention. There were many MANY scams of the same. Before believing anything on the net, either run it through this forum. Verify anything as groundbreaking as an untethered jailbreak for an unsupported version with Reddit. When anything groundbreaking like this pops up, iPhone/iPad/AppleForums as well as Reddit will be exploding with information from credible sources.