What's new

Clearing the iPhone History from my PC

DallasFan

Reaction score
I have a PC with Google Chrome if that makes any difference.

When I go to settings (the 3 dots in the upper right) to delete my recent History, it also lists the last 5 searches I did with my iPhone.

If I clear the history from my PC it works.

But the history from my iPhone remains.

I checked all the major settings in the iPhone and I cleared Safari but it did not clear properly on my PC.

How do I clear it?

Thanks

If you have two separate browsers, i.e. Safari and Chrome clearing one would not automatically clear the other, even if they are both using Google.

Go to Welcome to My Activity and sign in. You can do this from every device, the iPhone as well.
There, you'll find search history, browsing history, ... that hasn't been deleted yet. If you wish to remove everything, select "Delete activity by" at the left, then you'll see "Delete by date". Select the Down arrow and choose All Time. Tap (iDevice) or click (computer) Delete to remove everything that's still visible in your activity. Hopefully that will also remove the iPhone's history from your PC.

Go to Welcome to My Activity and sign in. You can do this from every device, the iPhone as well.
There, you'll find search history, browsing history, ... that hasn't been deleted yet. If you wish to remove everything, select "Delete activity by" at the left, then you'll see "Delete by date". Select the Down arrow and choose All Time. Tap (iDevice) or click (computer) Delete to remove everything that's still visible in your activity. Hopefully that will also remove the iPhone's history from your PC.

Thanks, I forget about that link. I cleared my youtube history but my iPhone history still shows up.......

I tried following up by clearing safari again but it still does not work....:(

BTW, how is Austria in the Summer?

That doesn’t help in this case, and those tools are not reliable.

I figured it out through trial and error about a week ago.

If I can recall correctly.....

I went to settings (the 3 dots on my PC)

History

Sign in to Chrome and when it does it syncs everything else I had.

I had to unsync it .

I also went to search engines and found 3, 4 ancient and obscure search engines I never use listed as an option....ASK!, AOL, ...maybe 2 more. I deleted those.

I forget the exact steps but that is the general idea.