What's new

Chinese numerals for time display and battery percentage?

johnyork999

Reaction score
How can I change the numbers used for the time display (top middle area of the screen) and the battery percentage (right uppermost corner of the screen) to Chinese numerals? Changing the language or regional format will not give me the results I want and I would be limited by these edits anyways. I need a way to change these areas to whatever I want.

For example, it reads “14:59 PM 99%” and I want it to read “十四五十九 九十九百分之”

Note: The numbers I used in my example are just made up Chinese numerals. They may be written incorrectly.

Additional note: The stock iPhone does not have this option. I am asking because I am hoping someone here has attempted to do something similar. I already jail broke my phone in preparation for this modification.

There aren't any tweaks that does so, you'd have to create your own plist instance to do so. It's also a little impractical to do so, because if you were to replace the time numerals with the Chinese counterpart, just the hour and minutes alone will take up half of your status bar, and that does not include AM/PM as well as your battery, and that's assuming you've crammed the characters together. Unless you remove every other element except the time and the battery from your status bar and change the centering of the time to the immediate right, in which case you'll miss out on your signal orbs, LTE/3G/1X/EDGE indicators as well as your Wifi bars, and you would barely be able to fit it all.

Creating a custom .plist file is my only option. There is no jailbreak app to do what I want. I have no problem deleting some things in the status bar. Maybe I can reduce the font size also.