What's new

Chimani National Park Guides Go Free For One Week Only

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Chimani_guides_Grand_canyon.JPG

A great heads-up today from TUAW, who point out that Chimani National Park Guides are available in the app store for free to celebrate National Park Week in the US, which runs from now until April 24. Each of the following National Parks has their own app: Acadia, Cape Cod National Seashore, Yosemite, Cuyahoga Valley and The Grand Canyon. Each app delivers constantly updated content, including ranger-led activities, free shuttle bus schedules, and news alerts, and each app has a rich and impressive map interface that is custom-made, GPS enabled, and includes all hiking trails in the park. Designed from the ground up, using the National Park Service geographic information system data, the maps are all pre-installed in the app and work without any cell or Wi-Fi connection.

“When Google Maps stops working, Chimani maps begin.” says, Kerry Gallivan, Chimani’s President. “Most smartphone users who visit the national parks find their traditional navigation tools are useless because they depend on a cell or WiFi connection. The Chimani national park apps are designed to work completely offline.”

Chimani’s National Park Guides usually cost around $4.99 - $9.99, so getting them for free is a really good deal. Click here to find out more and get a link to the apps: Chimani :: Apps for the Outdoors

Source: TUAW Chimani National Park Guides free for iPhone until April 24, Chimani

I am planning ti go to Yosemite Park this summer. I live in Canada, and I cannot download the apps. I guess the apps are in US itunes store. Is there any way of getting around it?