What's new

Charging out of box

Depends on where it starts obviously... but it charges fast when plugged into a wall. If it comes out of the box around 40-50%, it shouldn't take you more than 40-45 minutes plugged in, rough estimate.

Loaded question. Most iPhones have between 45 to 80% of their charge already. So you are looking at around 90 minutes worst case, 40 best.

Depends on where it starts obviously... but it charges fast when plugged into a wall. If it comes out of the box around 40-50%, it shouldn't take you more than 40-45 minutes plugged in, rough estimate.

My last 4 iPhones were between 72 and 78% even though the Lithium-Ion standard for storage is around 40%. Go figure.

My partner just got a 5c and was no charge

LOL, that iPhone was probably left on at the factory, in test mode, for either the cellular or WiFi radio. That is the only way I can think of for an iPhone to be dead on arrival.

Oh and a dead iPhone 5C will take roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes to be fully recharged.

My last 4 iPhones were between 72 and 78% even though the Lithium-Ion standard for storage is around 40%. Go figure.

Now that you mention it, I think the 5S I picked up last week was in the 60's...

When I bought my iPhone 5 last year, it was at 87% charge right out of the box.