What's new

Charging Cases?

Klew721

Reaction score
I am heading to NYC in April for the NFL Draft and was just wondering. Do they have any cases that also serve as a battery charger at the same time? I don't want my phone to die while at the draft. I know it's still 3-3 1/2 months away, but was just wondering.

If they don't, do you think they will have one manufactured and for sale by then?

Ordered one of these last week. Still hasn't come in the mail. Buying it to see how well it goes against the Mophie Helium that I have. It does have 700 mAh more compared to the Mophie, and the design is similar to that of the old Mophie slide design for the 4/4S.

Well willerz2 can you please let me know how you like it. I want to order this one bc I like the black and yellow but seeing mixed results kinda makes me nervous. Also I have found that split cases don't play well with my iphone 5 bc I have the zagg full body shield on it.

Well willerz2 can you please let me know how you like it. I want to order this one bc I like the black and yellow but seeing mixed results kinda makes me nervous. Also I have found that split cases don't play well with my iphone 5 bc I have the zagg full body shield on it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I had a full body for my personal 4S, and yeah..... Since I got the slider Mophie when I first got my 4S compared to the current snap-on Mophie that I'm using, I had to peel off my rear shield..... Zagg happily sent me a new one but now it's just sitting there :/

My guess is that it's a snug fit, meaning your 5 is going to be in the case and will stay in the case forever because you can't get it out, or you're going to have to peel the rear shield off. I'm not sure why Mophie and other companies didn't make the snap-on ones to be honest

Yea I was afraid of that. I like to use bumper cases and I really dont know how tough the rear panel is without anything on it.

Ordered one of these last week. Still hasn't come in the mail. Buying it to see how well it goes against the Mophie Helium that I have. It does have 700 mAh more compared to the Mophie, and the design is similar to that of the old Mophie slide design for the 4/4S.

I want to know how this works for you. Can't wait to hear your review. Online has a lot of mixed reviews.

Sent using the best phone in the world. iPhone 5 rocking tapatalk!!!

Yea I was afraid of that. I like to use bumper cases and I really dont know how tough the rear panel is without anything on it.

Well at the moment, I'm using the same setup on my 5. Draco bumper with a front and back Invisishield. Great protection so far. Then again, it's a slate 5, so you can't really see any difference anyways.

That Draco is amazing but I can't cough up $90 for one lol. I did order 2 bumpers, just waiting for them to get here!!! Well let me know how you like the charging case. I may order that one over mophie

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks for the link.

it looks better than the morphie because it protects the volume keys and such. i would buy this over the mophie. but does the mophie use a mico usb cable or the new lightening cable?

damn, im running the zagg Maximum Coverage (Coverage for the front, back, and sides) so now i dont want to get this. damn you case companies for making it a tight fit!

Both the Helium and iBlason use micro USB ports since they're cheap to manufacture, used on many devices and can be found just about everywhere. The volume coverage doesn't really bother me. Either ways I'll still have to take it out to clean the vibrate/silent switch from dust collecting.

I would say the best innovation for charging cases are snap-on cases like the current Mophie Juice Pack for the 4/4S. Even if you had the rear shield, it'll still fit. A bit of an overkill, but nonetheless, at least it fit.

Well I use the i-Blason case and I really like it. It's more battery than the mophie case. It actually recharges my battery from 15% to 100% with some left.