What's new

Charger not supported due to IOS upgrade?

banders

Reaction score
Hello, I have bought battery AA chargers from Ebay twice but they will not do any good since I get "not supported on this device". I wonder if there is a well know fact that IOS upgrades can make such devices unusable as it was material from Hong Kong and not purchased in Apple store?

Alkaline to lithium charge? 2 AA batteries don't exactly hold that long a charge... Invest a bit of money on something like a Mophie external battery universal charger

Well, I did purchase a charger of this kind since I do not expect to charge it very often but at a few occasions could be necessary, so I do not need that much of a charger. Still, whenever I buy this type from Ebay it says "Device not supported" and the same goes for cheap wall chargers, so I wonder if it is a known fact that IOS upgrades might render cheap things unusuable?

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Also, I would rather have something that could be used with external batteries in case I go camping and will not have access to wall chargers in a long time.

The Mophie universal charger pack holds enough charge to charge the iPad TWO full cycles and still some more. For an iPhone, you can probably charge the iPhone about 6 full charges depending on what size the hard disk is on your iPhone since the larger the iPhone hard disk, the larger the battery life

The Mophie universal charger pack holds enough charge to charge the iPad TWO full cycles and still some more. For an iPhone, you can probably charge the iPhone about 6 full charges depending on what size the hard disk is on your iPhone since the larger the iPhone hard disk, the larger the battery life

That is pretty good, and so it would last a week. But still could be a problem if I am several weeks without access to wall charger as I plan to do a major bike camping trip, as I could always stack up dozens of batteries but it seems like AppleStore does not even have any external battery solution?

Nope. Apple is the provider of the device. They're not the accessory giants. Mophie delivery aren't that long. The first three are one of the better choices. Unfortunately the one that I have is an industrial power pack that carries 20,000 mAh rather than the 6,000 from the PowerStation Pro, so you'll get 3 full cycles out of it at the very least. Or you can do what my relative did. Buy a PowerStation Pro, then an Outdoor Edition juice pack. The Outdoor Edition juice pack gives you 2 full cycles and a little more AND it's great for the outdoors. It even has it in the name. They are a little hefty on your wallet, but it's worth it if you can use it.