What's new

changing icons for categories folders?

Ole99

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm pretty new her, and have a little bit of experience with JB. I have seen some really cool themes out there and i want to kinda make my own. What i want to know is can you change the icons on the categories folders to whatever you want. If so could you please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

not sure what you mean? the categories folders? you can change it for all the icons on your springboard with SSH put what ever you want, i used to have ie icon for my safari..etc

Yeah the categories folder icons. I want to make folders and then change the icons so they look good. I really don't like the stock icons for them. Could you be a little more specific on what o need to do to change the icons as I am kind of a noon lol. Thanks

you need a jailbroken device, an app called openSSH and winterboard and on your pc you will need winSCP or on mac i think you can use filezilla. i would download a theme so you can use the filenames as examples and then create or find your own pics .png from google or photoshop or copy them from your desktop the icons and make them smaller with a photo app. then rename it to stocks.png and in the themes folder in ssh you can upload it all there and in winterboard select that theme it should then change the icons to the pics you have in there

ok thx paliometoxo, i will try that. i already have ssh and some experience with it, i guess i am just a little confused about changing the icons. thanks for your help.

my advise to you is to basically download another theme and in SSH open the theme and look at the folders and look how the .png have file names like STOCKS.png so using this you can do the same but put your OWN .png pictures and make your own theme with your pictures, its very easy :) you just have to name them correctly

sorry i dont explain it better, but there are some great tutorials on youtube