What's new

CES 2012: Waterproof your iPhone without a case

iMore

Reaction score
This new stuff called Liquipel was introduced at CES 2012 and it coats your iPhone with a special coating that allows you to completely submerge the device under water and it still works.....amazing...... Hmm Liquipel....or Lifeproof?

Just youtubed this it is amazing!
If i was thinking of getting this then id buy the Liquipel and still use a case of some sort that still offered a decent amount of protection against a fall to the ground..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have to physically send the phone to Liquipel to the company to have them "waterproof" your phone.

I saw this as well and it would save people so much money and it seems to be a common problem people dropping it in water

Yeah but would you trust it? When you get it back to then go drop it in a bucket of water? I know I wouldn't. What if they've missed a corner and it leaks in through there! (Laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

yeah you would not want to go run and throw it in water still but if it happened by accident and worked you would be very happy, plus I am sure they would buy you a new device if it broke? or they should

Then i guess they would owe me a new iphone i suppose lol

Imagine what you'd have to go through to get a new phone should they mess it up. Sending it back (5 days) looking into what went wrong) 3 months) emailing you to say their still looking into it (3 months) offering you a different phone completely and you refusing (1 month) going to court to get your broken phone back (2 months) court agreeing and then waiting on it being posted out (12 months) total 21 months 5 days (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Lmao its a good job i dont plan on using the service then aint it. Id never trust shipping my phone to another country let alone then trusting them to use a service where it may require the testing to involve dipping my phone into a tank of water. Its a great platform thought! And does look quite impressive in the youtube videos

Lmao its a good job i dont plan on using the service then aint it. Id never trust shipping my phone to another country let alone then trusting them to use a service where it may require the testing to involve dipping my phone into a tank of water. Its a great platform thought! And does look quite impressive in the youtube videos

I agree it is a great platform thought.

iHolophyte

That looks like a great idea, but I'm not sure if I would want to send my phone out, but to completely waterproof your phone without a case for $60-$80? not a bad deal.