What's new

CBS & Turner Sports Will Stream All March Madness Games for Free on iPhone and iPad

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
march_madness.JPG

Engadget reports today that Turner Sports, CBS Sports and the NCAA will be launching newly enhanced NCAA March Madness on Demand (MMOD) live products for the upcoming 2011 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. The app will be available on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, with new features including improved live viewing with richer quality and larger format streams, a personalizable channel lineup feature, and live stats and social companion views. MMOD will have live streaming of every game of the new 68-team tournament as they are broadcast by CBS and Turner Sports, starting with the First Four from Dayton, OH on March 15, and continuing on through to the Men’s Final Four semifinals and national championship game from Houston, TX on April 2 and April 4.

Best news of all though is that the service will be completely free on the iPhone and iPad, continuing its run as the largest annual digital sports event. You can download the app for free from March 10 from the App Store.

"Since CBSSports.com, CBS Sports, and the NCAA first partnered to produce this service in 2003, NCAA March Madness on Demand has seen explosive growth and is now the unquestioned digital sports event of the year," said Jason Kint, Senior Vice President and General Manager, CBSSports.com. "As MMOD continues to be enhanced and distributed on multiple platforms as part of our new partnership with Turner, the ultimate winners are the millions of college basketball fans around the world who now have more ways than ever to follow this great tournament."

Source: CBS & Turner Sports are streaming all the March Madness games to PCs, iPhones & iPads for free -- Engadget

anyone having trouble with the search not bringing up channels? I have a 3Gs and after downloading the app, I can't get my channels to load.