What's new

Cases trapping heat while charging

m_charlie_bird

Reaction score
Firstly, I hope this question is in the correct forum.

I read a user review of an extreme durability case (the ones that have several layers of plastic protection) where he states that the batteries and the iPhones will heat up to dangerous levels and die slowly over time.

Does anyone know what the cases are doing? I assume blocking air flow? Any suggestions for which ones won't?

The user advises taking the iPhone out each time you charge the phone, but that would be every day!

It's true thst the battery heat up when charging it. But mine heat when charging it only if i'm playing games or watching videos at the same time otherwise it doesn't heat up even a bit. And i never or very solden take out my phone from its cover protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume he is charging, listening to music, playing games etc all at the same time, too much charge entering and leaving the iPod at the same time will cause it to heat up but if you just leave it sitting there alone to charge it should be fine. Hope this helps.P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM]YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏[/ame]