What's new

carrier unlocking hacktivated 3GS? please help!

simon0003

Reaction score
Hey everyoneSince my Australian network is going down and everyone needs to go to this other netowork, they told me they will unlock my locked iphone 3gs via itunes in the next couple days. I bought my iPhone from United States, locked to AT&T or something, and have always unofficially unlocked it.I recently restored the phone to make it legit again so it all works out with the official unlock, but have hacktivated it using redsn0w (otherwise I'm unable to do anything with the phone) so I can still use the phone features like an iPod touch. When i get the txt message in my old nokia phone that currently holds my sim card, telling my the unlock is ready and to plug into itunes to complete it (or whatever it says), will the unlock still work correctly even thought im hacktivated?Thanks so much :)
Simon

Hey everyoneSince my Australian network is going down and everyone needs to go to this other netowork, they told me they will unlock my locked iphone 3gs via itunes in the next couple days. I bought my iPhone from United States, locked to AT&T or something, and have always unofficially unlocked it.I recently restored the phone to make it legit again so it all works out with the official unlock, but have hacktivated it using redsn0w (otherwise I'm unable to do anything with the phone) so I can still use the phone features like an iPod touch. When i get the txt message in my old nokia phone that currently holds my sim card, telling my the unlock is ready and to plug into itunes to complete it (or whatever it says), will the unlock still work correctly even thought im hacktivated?Thanks so much :)
Simon

It should still work no problem.