What's new

Car Charging

Jack772

Reaction score
Where can I get a mobile charger for my Iphone 5? At a reasonable price?

Jack772 said:

I bought a ANKER 8400 amp. External Battery charger on Amazon. I bought the smaller one first and it would charge my iPhone 5 2 1/2 to 3 times before I had to recharge. I paid 29.00 for it. Then with that they sent me a discount for the 8400 for 32.00 so I bought it, it charges my iPhone 5 about six times. They are fast and you can charge ur phone any where or anytime at about the same price as a car charger. Plus my large one will even charge my iPad 2. It has a 1amp USB an a 2 amp USB. You use the 1 amp for ur phone the 2 amp for tablets. It even has a led flash light built in too. I really like it because I've been at a hospital and had to leave the waiting room to go out to my car to charge my phone this way I don't. It is total freedom from ur car to ur pocket. I like this way better and like I said they are about the same price as a car charger.

I have one like that in my car and I am waiting for the Lightning USB Data Charger Cable I bought on ebay to arrive but in the meantime I can use the original cable.
You can get a USB Car Charger like that for around $5 on ebay.
$Belkin.jpg

Last edited:
I got a cheap charger for my 4S at a local bargain shop. Only $5. Works great.

I have one like that in my car and I am waiting for the Lightning USB Data Charger Cable I bought on ebay to arrive but in the meantime I can use the original cable.
You can get a USB Car Charger like that for around $5 on ebay.
View attachment 9193
i have one very similar to that in the car and i just bought a spare cable as i usually forgot to take the one from the house with me.

Do you have a normal usb charger or iphone 4 charger? Because you can just buy an adapter.

please refrain from posting external links.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a ANKER 8400 amp. External Battery charger on Amazon. I bought the smaller one first and it would charge my iPhone 5 2 1/2 to 3 times before I had to recharge. I paid 29.00 for it. Then with that they sent me a discount for the 8400 for 32.00 so I bought it, it charges my iPhone 5 about six times. They are fast and you can charge ur phone any where or anytime at about the same price as a car charger. Plus my large one will even charge my iPad 2. It has a 1amp USB an a 2 amp USB. You use the 1 amp for ur phone the 2 amp for tablets. It even has a led flash light built in too. I really like it because I've been at a hospital and had to leave the waiting room to go out to my car to charge my phone this way I don't. It is total freedom from ur car to ur pocket. I like this way better and like I said they are about the same price as a car charger.

Zat, you mentioned 8400 twice as charging your battery 4 times and then 6 times. What battery is the one charges 6 times. Thanks