What's new

Can't watch live tv

Jovin43

Reaction score
Why can I not watch live CNN or FOX on my apps? If the apple store is allowing us to download these apps, why can't I use the feature? It asks you to log in with your cable provider, but because I'm Canadian, it doesn't show my Cogeco cable as an option.

At one point it gave me only Telus (my cell provider) and two others, and I thought I would be fine by choosing Telus. It didn't work that way. :( Do I have to move to "the greatest country in the world" to get live US tv on these apps? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any suggestions.

The apps require you to use a U.S. Based IP address to access live TV as the service is geolocked and not available to users outside the U.S. You'd have to use a VPN service that provides a U.S. IP address. You'd probably also require a U.S. Based credit card to pay for the service as well.

The apps require you to use a U.S. Based IP address to access live TV as the service is geolocked and not available to users outside the U.S. You'd have to use a VPN service that provides a U.S. IP address. You'd probably also require a U.S. Based credit card to pay for the service as well.

I have a vpn, and I never thought to put it on US, but I think it might still ask for a cable company. Thank you so much. I'm going to give it a shot.

Unfortunately it still requires that I log into a cable, satellite or Telco provider. I don't even know what a Telco provider is. Thanks anyway. I appreciate your reply.

That is because CNN wants payment. On the app description that is what they mean when they say As available; check with your cable or satellite provider. If you could access it without that, they wouldn't be able to charge the cable companies.

Unfortunately it still requires that I log into a cable, satellite or Telco provider. I don't even know what a Telco provider is. Thanks anyway. I appreciate your reply.
A telco provider is a cellular carrier.

I hadn't heard of Telco before, and was hoping it was something that I could join online to access the live tv sites, but apparently not. Thanks for all of your help, people. It's much appreciated.