What's new

Can't Update my phone 6.1.2 to 8.1.3

bwyand

Reaction score
I just recently posted about this but was trying to manually update to 7.1.2 instead, but a mod was telling me I can't do that, and that I have to update to 8.1.3

I plugged my phone into the computer, downloaded the update via itunes, and still get the 3194 error.

I have no idea what to do. I have never jailbroken my iphone. Am I better just selling it and buying one thats updated.

Did you download the software for your iPhone before updating, or did iTunes try to install the latest version without your "assistance"?

Not quite sure what you mean, but I plugged it in. And clicked Update in Itunes. I didn't click on the "download and update" popup when I first plug it in.

I hope this clarifies

my phone is now stuck on the apple logo with the grey bar under it. The bar hasn't moved at all for 20 mins.

On itunes it says verifying updated iphone software

Let it wait awhile longer. Sometimes it can take longer than normal for the update to finish.

i got an error on itunes saying iphone could not be updated (6). However, my phone still has the apple logo and the grey bar. Now the grey bar is like 3/4 of the way done.

Should I stop it and start over?

The bar stopped moving when I got the error 6 on itunes.

its stuck at 3/4 filled

Just an update:

I restarted the update process twice, when it froze and gave the itune error I held the power button and home button for 10 seconds to reset it.

I noticed that the itunes logo on my phone turned from blue to red, despite the update saying it errored out and my phone freezing.

I decide to just try to restore the phone since the itunes logo was red, and restored it to 8.1.3. Phone works fine and is updated to 8.1.3

Figured I'd share this information since it was so odd.

I'm glad you got it working again.

Thank you for letting us know how you solved your problem. It might help another member with a similar issue.