What's new

Can't recover photos

magn1235

Reaction score
Hello,

I realize I probably dug my own grave with my stupidity, but here goes nothing. I got an iphone 6 after dropping my 5 in water. Anyway. I set it up with the old sim card, all goes well until I try to restore from an icloud backup. It asks me to log in, which I do, but then comes the verification process. It tells me that a verification code has been sent to my other devices. Which is my dead phone. Which I can't access. Meaning I have no choice but to start this phone from scratch and create a new apple ID. I'm very sad because I had a lot of lovely pictures I would have liked to keep. Is there any way I can access the old account with the verification process halting me?

Thanks!

If your old phone number was on your verification list, the new phone, if the same number, should receive 2 factor messages

You may be able to administer your account to add the phone number at this page (admin please delete link if inappropriate)

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

When you try to login at this site, you'll also have to enter a verification code.

Forgive me for sticking my nose in, can't he reset the iPhone 6 as new and create another Apple ID.
Second thoughts maybe that would not help. Don't know.

How have you made your backups in the past from the 5 ?

magn1235 would lose all the pictures he had on the old iPhone, purchases, ...

Should he do that from the original Apple lD account ?