What's new

Can't make status bar time/date visible

klw91

Reaction score
For some reason the time/date in the center of the status bar won't show up. I have a 4S IOS 5.0.1 jailbroke. I have Springtomize2 installed and I thought I may have accidentally changed something there, but I don't think that's the problem. And I haven't installed any specific tweak to make it disappear. The odd thing is when I go to Cydia the time/date show up again. Am I missing something? I appreciate anyone's help! Thank you.

klw91 said:
For some reason the time/date in the center of the status bar won't show up. I have a 4S IOS 5.0.1 jailbroke. I have Springtomize2 installed and I thought I may have accidentally changed something there, but I don't think that's the problem. And I haven't installed any specific tweak to make it disappear. The odd thing is when I go to Cydia the time/date show up again. Am I missing something? I appreciate anyone's help! Thank you.

Check Springtomize to se if you disabled the time in Springtomize so it is hidden. Anything toggled on in Springtomize> Status Bar> underneath "Hide Status Bar Items" will be hidden from the status bar. If you enable the status bar date in Springtomize, then the time will be replaced by the date.

Hopefully that is what it is. Hopefully.

Check Springtomize to se if you disabled the time in Springtomize so it is hidden. Anything toggled on in Springtomize> Status Bar> underneath "Hide Status Bar Items" will be hidden from the status bar. If you enable the status bar date in Springtomize, then the time will be replaced by the date.

Hopefully that is what it is. Hopefully.

Hi. The only thing I have toggled to on is just the carrier name. Everything else is off. I even tried turning on the custom time mode under status bar and typing in a custom string, but that didn't work either. When I open Cydia though the time/date shows up in the status bar like normal. Any idea why that happens? Thank you!

klw91 said:
Hi. The only thing I have toggled to on is just the carrier name. Everything else is off. I even tried turning on the custom time mode under status bar and typing in a custom string, but that didn't work either. When I open Cydia though the time/date shows up in the status bar like normal. Any idea why that happens? Thank you!

I take it you use SBSettings to get the date/time in your status bar?

I take it you use SBSettings to get the date/time in your status bar?

Yep I have status bar date toggled to on in SBS Settings. I just tried toggling the "use . for/ in date" to on to see what would happen, but that didnt do anything either. Now when I open SBS Settings, the date/time show up in the status bar like it does when Cydia is open

klw91 said:
Yep I have status bar date toggled to on in SBS Settings. I just tried toggling the "use . for/ in date" to on to see what would happen, but that didnt do anything either. Now when I open SBS Settings, the date/time show up in the status bar like it does when Cydia is open

Have you tried reinstalling UIKit Tools. Or just reinstalling anything that requires a respring?

Sorry but what is ulkit tools??? I tried finding it under installed packages in Cydia but it's not there. Should it be? Bear with me...I'm not that smart when it comes to this stuff

klw91 said:
Sorry but what is ulkit tools??? I tried finding it under installed packages in Cydia but it's not there. Should it be? Bear with me...I'm not that smart when it comes to this stuff

Okay. Try:

Open Cydia
Tap "Manage"
Then tap "Settings" in the top left corner
Then tap "Developer" then Done.

Now UIKit Tools should show up.

I've tried respringing and that didn't work either. Do you have Springtomize2 installed on your phone? Didn't it just have an upgrade a few days ago in Cydia or am I wrong on that?

klw91 said:
Ok I tried that after I found UlKit Tools but it still didn't work.

Damn. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling an AppStore app?

Damn. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling an AppStore app?

Just tried that and still nothing. I haven't installed anything new, and other than stuff like iFile, Winterboard, SBSsettings, Springtomize2 and BiteSMS all I have are themes but I had all that on before this started. Its not really a big deal, but I miss the clock at the top. Thank you so much for trying though!

klw91 said:
Just tried that and still nothing. I haven't installed anything new, and other than stuff like iFile, Winterboard, SBSsettings, Springtomize2 and BiteSMS all I have are themes but I had all that on before this started. Its not really a big deal, but I miss the clock at the top. Thank you so much for trying though!

And you don't have anything related to the status bar installed......like, libstatusbar or libhide?

I would also try reinstalling libstatusbar and libhide from Cydia. I'm sure you have both of them installed.

And you don't have anything related to the status bar installed......like, libstatusbar or libhide?

I would also try reinstalling libstatusbar and libhide from Cydia. I'm sure you have both of them installed.

I tried that and same deal....no luck. I even uninstalled the status bar color I had through Winterboard. It just baffles me why it shows up like normal when I'm in Cydia and SBSettings.

klw91 said:
I tried that and same deal....no luck. I even uninstalled the status bar color I had through Winterboard. It just baffles me why it shows up like normal when I'm in Cydia and SBSettings.

Well I use a tweak called WeatherIcon. It puts the weather in 2 status bar icons in my status bar. one icon is the temperature and the other one is the weather image(sun, cloud, rain....ya know, like in the Weather.app) and when I open Cydia those 2 icons will disappear from the status bar and return when I close Cydia.

I also use a tweak called KBShortcuts, which is also completely disabled when I open Cydia or iFile.

So since this is your dilemma, it is most likely a tweak you have installed.

You say you have Soringtomize 2 installed?

Well, what I would do is open Springtomize, scroll down to the bottom to the "More" tab.

Tap in "More" then tap "Settings Files".

These are all of your tweaks preferences. By deleting all of this files, and respringing, it will reset all settings of your all your tweaks installed from Cydia.

Meaning that once these settings files are deleted all your tweaks will be reset to the settings they had by default when you first installed them. It does no harm deleting all of these files. You'll just have to reconfigure your tweaks.

It's worth a shot, and better then disabling mobile substrate addons one at a time, or removing Mobile Substrate only to reinstall all your tweaks one at a time again.

Let me know how deleting "all" of the settings files from within Springtomize works.