What's new

Can't jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1

d22block

Reaction score
I downloaded Absinthe 2.0.1 and all that good stuff. First weird thing is that when I plug in my iPhone it says its an iPhone 3,3 when it is an iPhone 4 on Verzion. Any reason for this? Next, when I start my jail break it always stops at sending initial jailbreak data. Then after that it will either say error, or windows will come in and it will say absinthe stopped working. Any help with this? I really need it.

Thanks

First... did you restore the iphone with a fresh iOS? It is highly recommended to do so.

no just backed it up thats all--will that really help it that much? kinda scared cause i dont want to erase my whole phone but should be fine if i back it up on itunes right?

Did you run Absinthe as Admin?

If not try that as for windows 7 and vista you will need to do so.

I will not be afraid if you have a backup. Starting with a fresh phone is the best.

1. Restore
2. setup the phone as new (activate the phone)
3. Jailbreak
4. Restore backup

That will always work

no just backed it up thats all--will that really help it that much? kinda scared cause i dont want to erase my whole phone but should be fine if i back it up on itunes right?

Yeah backup your data in itunes first off and then make sure the encrypted password for backup is off, then once backed up, go and run Absinthe 2.0 as Admin if u have windows 7 or visata.

It should only take 5 min to do unless you have alot of apps on the phone or were JB before. This is why a fresh ios install is recomeneded so it only takes 5 min and not 30-35 min or so.

So backup and give JB a go of taking to long, then do a fresh install of the ios.

d22block said:

For future reference, you can make a backup in iTunes, erase the phone, restore the backup and it's like you never erased the phone. I did it and was impressed, no longer worried about erasing the phone now.

so its jailbroken now after i restored it so thanks for that!! but cant get all of my apps back on it and what not even though when clicking on itunes restore from the point i backed up before restoring--any advice there?

d22block said:
so its jailbroken now after i restored it so thanks for that!! but cant get all of my apps back on it and what not even though when clicking on itunes restore from the point i backed up before restoring--any advice there?

The apps you installed from the app store will be downloaded from the app store after you sign in. That's what happened to mine.

cant seem to find where to sign in to my apple account...lol sorry