What's new

Can't edit photos, and video is upside down

imogul

Reaction score
I just got the Iphone S, and it's my first iphone. I transfer over my photos and video to my PC, but they show up upside down. About half the photo's I can edit and rotate to the correct orientation, but the rest give me an error. "may be used by another program or write protected."

The iphone is NOT still plugged in so I don't know what program could be using them. I checked the properties and the read only box is not checked. Any suggestions?

Firstly im not an expert on this but this is how i do it....you must be using a pc and not a mac. If you were using a mac this wouldn't be a problem. For the movies, use quicktime and the video's will play correctly. In VLC there is a rotate video (geometry) in the settings but it doesnt save it that way which sucks! So tell your pc to open .mov with quicktime.
As for the pictures apple really upsets me! Once the pictures are transferred to my pc most of them i can simply click and rotate them and it saves it (you cannot do this on your phone and if you can rotate it than you wont be able to view it on your iphone) MAJOR FLAW!!! For the pictures that wont let you rotate them right click on the picture and edit with paint. Hit "Ctrl" and "A" and then click rotate at the top and save it. You will have to save it with a different name because you get the same error "may be used by another program or write protected" I usually add another number to the end of the file name and then go back and delete the original, and than delete the extra number off that file name.
Hope that helps.
R.