What's new

Can't delete pics

There should be a button on the bottom left corner that you press on and tap the pictures you want to delete then press the red button that says delete, easy

All I see is share, copy, add to, at the bottom.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331527059.594758.jpg here is a screen shot.

Have you gotten the new update and what version of iPhone do u have

One idea/thought: Did you put those pictures on with iTunes? If you put those pictures on the phone using iTunes, you can only take them off using iTunes. You can't delete them from the phone itself.

Marilyn

Jlsawyer said:
All I see is share, copy, add to, at the bottom.

It sounds like you're looking at your iCloud photos, not your camera roll. If you're trying to delete pics from your iCloud queue, then you need to make sure both your iPhone & iPhoto are running the latest updates. If they are, then you have the option to delete from the stream using either device. If not, then I don't know of another way to remove them.

If you're just looking at your camera roll, look for the trash can for single deletion or the action button (a box with an arrow) on the thumbnail screen to select multiple images at a time.

I hope this helps!

iTunes put them on and I stopped the sync. Turned photo sync off. So how do I get iTunes to take them back off. iTunes keeps putting every pic in my computer on my phone and it's fill up all my storage.

It sounds like you're looking at your iCloud photos, not your camera roll. If you're trying to delete pics from your iCloud queue, then you need to make sure both your iPhone & iPhoto are running the latest updates. If they are, then you have the option to delete from the stream using either device. If not, then I don't know of another way to remove them.

If you're just looking at your camera roll, look for the trash can for single deletion or the action button (a box with an arrow) on the thumbnail screen to select multiple images at a time.

I hope this helps!
Actually, sadly, the update still doesn't erase pics from the stream. It just erases them locally. But any updating the stream does to your iDevices or computer will bring those pics back. :-(.. Apple didn't fix it at all.

iTunes put them on and I stopped the sync. Turned photo sync off. So how do I get iTunes to take them back off. iTunes keeps putting every pic in my computer on my phone and it's fill up all my storage.
If the photos are shot with your iphone camera, you can delete them by click the Ash Bin Icon on the right bottom of camera roll. if the photos are synced from computer, it just need you to sync the photos by selecting "Choose Folder" to find the folder where you saves the photos as the same as on the iphone. then delete the photos you want to delete in this folder, then sync it, the photos you want to delete will be removed.

$itunes_sync photos.jpg

View attachment 5574 here is a screen shot.
If you are in a folder as you say, and not in photo stream, you may want to do what the phone is sugesting at the top of your screen shot, "Select Photos", by tapping them.
This will give you the option to remove them from your folders. You can select multiple pics
If you are in the camera roll you can delete them from your phone the same way (deleting them from your folders as well)
Or connect to windows and navigate to the phone with explorer and use it to delete them
Don't resync them with Itunes

Last edited: