What's new

Can't copy songs from itunes to ipod --any help??

roselina

Reaction score
Recently,I've got a problem.
my computer have installed itunes and music.
However when I connect my ipod it shows up but I cannot transfer songs from itunes to it. What is the cause of the problem and possible solution?
Thank you for any help!!!

apple4hong4 said:
It's because your iPod can only be synced to one computer at a time unless you enable the Manually manage music and videos option from under your iPod's summary tab. However, this method of syncing is much different from having iTunes automatically sync content for you.
So in order to sync your iPod with the new iTunes you'll need to copy the music from your iPod over to your new PC and then erase and sync it.

Not true. I synced between two computers with no problem.

apple4hong4 said:
It's because your iPod can only be synced to one computer at a time unless you enable the Manually manage music and videos option from under your iPod's summary tab. However, this method of syncing is much different from having iTunes automatically sync content for you.
So in order to sync your iPod with the new iTunes you'll need to copy the music from your iPod over to your new PC and then erase and sync it.

Not true. I synced between two computers with no problem.

Nop. There is a problem syncing an iPhone with 2 computer. Apple is against piracy of multimedias files like musics videos and so on. Try to connect your phone to 2 different computer and come back with the feedback. Make sure you are not afraid to lose your songs videos and other files, but your SMS, Contacts will be preserved I think

Last edited:
bab2010 said:
Nop. There is a problem syncing an iPhone with 2 computer. Apple is against piracy of multimedias files like musics videos and so on. Try to connect your phone to 2 different computer and come back with the feedback. Make sure you are not afraid to lose your songs videos and other files, but your SMS, Contacts will be preserved I think

Actually if you ssh into you wouldn't have the issue. Yesterday my songs wiped from my phone and I usually sync from my netbook. I let my sister use it and had to use my Dell laptop. That's how it got wiped. All I did was copy the iTunes folder from the phone and deleted it. I ended up keeping everything on my phone and just added more music to it.

bab2010 said:

Actually if you ssh into you wouldn't have the issue. Yesterday my songs wiped from my phone and I usually sync from my netbook. I let my sister use it and had to use my Dell laptop. That's how it got wiped. All I did was copy the iTunes folder from the phone and deleted it. I ended up keeping everything on my phone and just added more music to it.

Now you are talking about a jailbreaked iPhone which is not the same case with a stock iPhone. I know you can connect a jailbreaked iPhone to several iTunes and still keep your MultiMedia files. That's not doable with a stock iPhone.

bab2010 said:
Now you are talking about a jailbreaked iPhone which is not the same case with a stock iPhone. I know you can connect a jailbreaked iPhone to several iTunes and still keep your MultiMedia files. That's not doable with a stock iPhone.

I know that much but I was assuming the poster was jailbroken

bab2010 said:

I know that much but I was assuming the poster was jailbroken

Ok then:)

That's true but there are a few ways to go around that.
There are a couple of programs (mostly shareware) that treat your iPhone like a disk and you can copy and paste all your media files. So just copy them on your PC, then to iTunes and you're done. Found more details here: trading with iphone.

Last edited: