What's new

can you use iphone 5s (any iphone) as a tablet only?

newtoiphone90

Reaction score
I am completely ignorant on iphone features and functions, i have always been a PC and android user

I am looking to buy a iphone as i need it for a specific app only

I do not want to activate it with any carrier

I only want to use wifi

If the phone isnt icloud locked but it is locked to a specific carrier, can i turn on the phone connect to wifi and download an app, access the phones camera, and taken photos as well?

With androids it doesnt matter if its carrier is unlocked, or if a sim card is inside, all you need to do is turn it on and connect to any available wifi. Is it the same with iphone?

To activate the iPhone to use without a cellular carrier, you still need a SIM card in the tray. The card doesn't have to be active, it just has to be in the holder. If the iPhone is locked to a particular carrier, that SIM card has to be from that carrier. You should bs able to buy an inactivated SIM card from a carrier for about $10.00.

The SIM card can be removed after the iPhone is activated so you can use a SIM card from another phone if it's the right size and the right carrier (if the iPhone is carrier locked), or any carrier if the iPhone is unlocked.

Last edited: